Basic safety guidelines for protecting yourself against COVID-19 while on University grounds
A general safety protocol against the COVID-19 has been elaborated by the S-TEAM project committee (Grant Agreement number 954912) in order to guarantee the safety of those participating in the European Researchers Night’s activities. It can be checked and downloaded from http://2021.nocheinvestigag9.es/.
Personal protection measures are key in order to avoid transmission. Only by respecting social distancing, by using a mask when needed, and by properly washing hands and cleaning the materials used can we carry out in-person activities in a safe and useful way.
1.- Before arriving to the activity
- Remember that the number of participants for each activity will be limited, and previous registration will be necessary to attend (check the program for each University). You cannot join if you suffer from COVID-19 related symptoms (such as cough, fever, breathing difficulties, etc.), you have been diagnosed with the disease, you have not finished the required isolation period, or you are currently under quarantine due to close contact with a diagnosed or symptomatic person.
- If you are currently showing any symptoms, you must contact the phone number established by your council or your Primary Care Centre and follow the instructions provided by healthcare professionals. You cannot join any face-to-face activities until they tell you it is safe for you to do so.
2. While on University grounds or associated entities (social centres, town halls, theatres, subway…)
- Always arrive wearing your face mask correctly and a flask of disinfectant for personal use.
- Mask use is mandatory both on the street and common areas within the campus, as well as in the laboratories and classrooms, unless social distance allows otherwise and always with the explicit permission of the personnel in charge.
- Wash your hands often. This is one of the best ways to fight against the coronavirus. You can check out how to properly wash your hands in the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AyJP9ZEhe8
- Make sure you always maintain social distance and avoid crowds.
- Do not stay within university grounds after you finish your in-person activities. Leave the area as soon as your activities are over.
Against COVID-19 always use common sense
And protect yourself to protect everyone in the UniversityCOMPARTE EN TUS REDES SOCIALES CON EL HASHTAG #NIGHTSPAIN